Members of the Delegation
An invitation was issued by the Working Group to Town and County Council representatives and officials, energy and funding agencies, as well as local business people whose projects have an impact on the town, to accompany the delegation. Despite a great deal of interest shown by a number of people, ultimately many were unable to come due to personal or work commitments.
However we are most grateful to the following who made space in their busy lives to go with us:
- Mayor Micheal O’Regan
- Cllr Cionnaith O’Suilleabhain
- Cllr Robert Walsh
- Town Clerk Justin England
- Sustainable Clonakilty funded by the Town Council:
- Robert Lambert
- Peter Madden
- Alison Wickham, Secretary Sustainable Clonakilty
- Independently funded:
- Trevor Buttimer, Renewable Energy Management Services Ltd.
- Bob Hilliard, Hillback Developments
- Itinerary Güssing Fact Finding Mission
- Monday 3rd November
- Travel to Güssing, leaving Clon. at 9am and arriving at 1am local time due to fog delay.
- Tuesday, 4th of November 2008
- 8.00am Buffet breakfast at Com Inn, Hotel
- Walk to ECRE Centre
- 09:00 am: Presentation on the ‘Model of Güssing’
- 10:00 am: Visit to Biomass Plant Güssing, District heating Plant Güssing and Biogas Plant Strem
- 12:00 noon: Lunch at the restaurant ‘Cafe Innovation’
- 01:30 pm: Discussion with Ing. Reinhard Koch
- 03.00 pm: Visit to ECRE training centre
- 04:30 pm: Visit to Güssing town centre
- 7.00 pm: Debriefing discussion of day’s events
- 8.00 pm: Dinner
- Wednesday November 5, 2008
- 9.00 am Buffet breakfast at Com Inn Hotel, pack and onto bus
- 10.30 am Leave Güssing for Vienna
- 1.00 pm Arrive Vienna for check in and lunch
- Depart Vienna on BA701 at 1505 hrs arrive London Heathrow 1630
- Depart London Heathrow on BA5723 at 1805hrs arrive Cork 1920
- Bus to Clon. arriving at 2100 hrs approx.
- Thursday November 13, 2008
Public Meeting at the Quality Hotel, Clonakilty to more than 85 people where a MS Power Point presentation described what was seen and learned in Güssing, as well as alerting local people to the need to keep their energy bills in order to be able to assist in the energy audit.